Anyways, that's not really what I was gonna write about.... I wanted to put up pictures of Mike playing with Lincoln last week. He took an extra day off work to cram for a test, but spent a small part of the day flying a kite with Lincoln. Mike's always said it'd be fun to fly kites with his kids when they are old enough to have fun with him, and this was his and Linc's 1st time flying a kite. They went to Walmart together and picked out a $1 Thomas kite and $2 worth of extra string. That $3 investment is gonna bring hours of outdoor fun for us I think. Lincoln loved seeing Thomas fly!


The tail was REALLY long and was weighing it down too much, so after Mike took it off Lincoln just dragged it around and tried to get himself tangled up in it.
I just tried to take a few 'father-son-kite' pictures and sit on the grass and watch them as much as possible. Well, when I wasn't running and jumping up and down trying to catch the kite when it flew low enough, while telling Mike jokingly that I was an expert since I'd just read a book about kite flyers and kite runners. What can I say? I find it amusing when my husband rolls his eyes at me. :)




1 comment:
That's fun! We just took our kids to the park to fly kites and ride bikes too. But our park is by an "airport" (if you can call it that) and it messed up the wind currents a lot. I was able to get our Bob and Lary kite pretty high, but our airplane kite wouldn't get much higher than a few feet.
Post a Comment