I am getting more and more excited to have a newborn again! They are so little and sweet. Lincoln loves seeing babies, he talks about them all the time. So hopefully he's going to be an amazing big brother, very sweet and loving.
Since I didn't have a blog until this January, I'm going to post some old pictures of Linc to catch everyone up. Just to indulge myself in this nostalgia, I guess.

Let's start at the very beginning... a very good place to start! I don't look or feel so hot when I'm pregnant, but it is an exciting time nonetheless. Here's one of the few pregnancy pictures I allowed last time.... I've allowed none so far this time. It's at my baby shower at Aunt Judy's house, and Jeanine and I were pregnant together with our boys so I had her stand with me.

On July 5, 2005 just after 6PM Lincoln finally made his appearance. It was 5 days past his EDD, and after 4 LONG days of putting his mother through varying degrees of torturous early labor contractions. (Blasted holiday weekend!) My dr. finally just broke my water to end the torture the morning of July 5th, and although I was expecting labor & delivery process the 1st time to be a 20-30 hour process, it was more like 8. Thank goodness for epidurals! I'm totally doing that part again!

Linc was born at 7 lbs. 14 oz and 19 1/2 inches. Besides the nurses and drs. and stuff, Mike was in the room, and my Mom. My brother Chris showed up near the end and waited in the hallway until I was modest again and he could meet his nephew. Already such a devoted uncle. :)

This picture is funny to me. I often say, "Lincoln has always been such a daddy's little boy." and it's true, Lincoln and him bonded real quick. He still hardly ever cries or misbehaves for his dad. But this picture shows.... I guess it took a few minutes. :) Lincoln understandably wanted to be back with his familiar Mama, and didn't like Daddy walking him over to me in bed. He didn't realize it was his future best friend. But when he heard Mike speak, he certainly recognized that! It was so sweet to hear Mike start talking to me, and this baby in my arms started turning his head and opened his eyes wider to try to find that familiar sound. Amazing.
Here's one last picture of him in the hospital. He went from the delivery room into the nursery, where he stayed for testing a few days. I called that room 'my recovery room', since.... I didn't want to spend much time in the bed away from my Lincoln. :) His Grandma Christensen took this picture an hour or so after birth, in Lincoln's 1st bed. As I said before, he was afraid of the flash for a few weeks.
I'll indulge this more later by posting his 3 week old pictures, 6 week pictures, stuff like that. I'm just getting larger every day here, and it's making me nostalgic and excited.




2 comments:
I think Linc will be a wonderful big brother! We already know what a great mother you are. What lucky kids. I forbid you to post any more infant pictures of Lincoln though. You're making me want another one... hmm... I'd better go block this site on Mike's computer or he'll start getting ideas too. Keep me updated!
He looks exactly the same! I was looking of pictures of Elaine and didn't even recognize her an hour after her birth - I can't get over how he looks like a "mini lincoln" :) He looks so cute with all that hair! Hopefully your next one will have that hair too!
Post a Comment