Thursday, April 17, 2008

A few pictures of Lincoln

I'll post again just to show how Linc's just been growing up, increasing in ways of cuteness and braveness. Here's some pictures of him.


Can you believe Lincoln, my timid little boy, attempted this with no prodding? We go to a park and once he takes a few minutes to get acclimated to the setup of a play structure he's just all over that thing! WOW. And that part of it was definetely not made with toddlers in mind, but Lincoln tried it anyways, several times. And did really well! He wasn't even scared, but I sure was! I took this picture in the about 2 seconds I dared to step away from him while he was on that ladder. ALL the rest of the time I was right close beside him, making sure he didn't fall. Hmmm.... maybe it's time I looked into the possibility that my son is so timid only because I am so afraid of him getting hurt that he thinks he should act nervous when he tries new things, just because that's the way Mommy's acting. Hmmmm..... nah! :)

So I went to a consignment sale and got an Exersaucer for the baby #2. I've heard they are fun for babies to play in from about... 3 or 4 months old through about a year old. My house has too many stairways to have a walker be safe anywhere in it, the exersaucer has no wheels on it so it stays in one place but lets the baby spin around a lot and play with toys. Mike told me,"Why do you need one of those? Lincoln got through without one." I don't care, I got it anyway. Maybe the next baby will have some different interests than baby Lincoln did.


Or similar interests to the toddler Lincoln! I brought it home and placed it by the door for a while, just to get it out of my car last weekend.... and I caught my silly Lincoln inside of it! He better not be stealing baby toys when his sibling is actually here or there's gonna be TROUBLE, I can tell already.

3 comments:

Keeping Up With the Jones said...

Mason is getting a lot more brave at the playground too. Are you coming down Thursday? If you do, we should go to the park and play. Also, it is Myles' birthday so we can have a little party at lunch.

Jessica Haddox said...

One of my step-sisters gave us a really nice exersaucer when Hyrum was born. Both of our kids have loved it. I loved that I could let them play in it while I was doing laundry. They could be in the same room as me, and (miracle of miracles) not push over the stacks of laundry I had folded.

Sarah said...

look at linc go!

we didn't have an exersaucer for hannah but we do have the fisher price rainforest jumperoo. she absolutely loves it. i think yours will be a great thing to have as well, it's fun for baby, and it's a nice break for mom :)