I guess I just had this experience some might find funny and I feel like complaining a bit about it so here goes.
I have had such a day! I went to Walmart today to get my oil changed and get some things. It's been kind of a challenge to take Lincoln into stores lately, he's been such a demon in public. But we went anyway, and today Heavenly Father or someone musta been whispering in his ear, "Behave yourself. Your Mommy's having a hard enough time already." So he was actually pretty good at just sitting in the cart and looking around curiously.
I had been feeling just fine so far all morning, and I was picking out a few groceries we needed. I wanted to pass through the produce section to get Lincoln a cookie at the bakery, since he was being so good. As soon as I entered the produce section I felt like I could smell all the fruits and the peppers and the onions and just all of it at once. And it was revolting! I tried to just not breathe and rush to the bakery on the other side, but it was too late. I rushed over to a trash can by the deli and just discreetly threw up into it. The only people who noticed were the 2 employees behind the counter. Luckily it was 2 women who seemed quite sympathetic. As I finished and apologized to them over and over, they said,"Oh, it's all right. We'll call maintenence to come take the trash out now." I was horrified and said,"NO! I will clean up after myself, this is so gross.",took the plastic bag out of the can and started pushing the cart towards the front doors.
I was seriously just going to put that gross bag in the trash can outside the entrance, which would have necessitated me taking like 2 steps outside. I was trying to be nice! Because in my opinion (but as you can tell, my sense of smell is real strange now)it was awful. But the Walmart greeter stopped me and asked for my receipt or I'd have to go to jail for shoplifting, and of course I didn't have one. And I explained a couple times why I was just gonna step out, throw this out and step back in but he didn't get it. His accent makes me think English is his 2nd language, but I still tried to tell him. Finally I just said, "Well fine I won't do it again sorry." and put it in the trash can right by where he stands. And I hope it did smell a lot! Then turned around and went back in the store. I mean, I didn't even have much in the cart. Did he really think I looked threatening in my maternity clothes,w/ a 2yo in the cart alongside a huge mountain of diapers, 4 gallons of milk, and NO ELECTRONICS? It was really stupid. That was hours ago and my headache is just barely going away. What a day!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
lol, that is so funny! I say that because it didn't happn to me. I won't tell you my stories...
Post a Comment