I loved President Hinckley so much. He was 97 when he passed away Sunday night, but since I'm not in his family I hadn't thought very recently of him being sick or anything so it was such a shock to me.
I was just out driving near my home that night when my mom called and told me. And if I'd had the radio on, I would have found out much sooner. Within minutes I was back home sobbing on my husband's shoulder. Such a shock to me. I never met him personally but I've been to conference before and somehow I just feel like he was my freind anyway. And also that I didn't learn enough from him, I should have paid more attention to him to be more like him (more Christlike, really.)
But after an hour or 2 I calmed down and thought happily of how great he was and how I can read his talks and watch videos of him whenever I want and continue to learn from him. I will miss him alot but life and the gospel will go on and the prophet for when my kids grow up will not be Pres. Hinckley but instead Pres. Monson (presumably).
Mike and I will miss him a lot.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment