Friday, January 11, 2008

Post-Christmas slump

(I SWEAR I HAD THIS ALL NICELY TYPED WITH PARAGRAPHS AND I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO FORMAT IT RIGHT SO THAT SHOWS. SO SORRY THIS LOOKS LIKE ONE HUGE RUN-ON PARAGRAPH.)


This happens a bit to everybody I think, every January. But this year I'm seeming to notice it more, so I'll write about it.


December is always this busy month of so many activities and things to get done, it's like this whirlwind of activity from a few days before Thanksgiving until my brother Chris' birthday (January 1st)and also Jessica H.'s (see, I remembered! Dec. 31st!) and sometimes a day or 2 more. Then everything calms down and you can stay inside and enjoy being less busy and be cozy for a while while it's freezing outside. But this year the 1st full week of January after New Year's it was like "Put away the tree and decorations..... wow, this house is boring now." I've had a bunch to keep me really busy, but I think Linc and I (but mostly him)are already feeling a bit cooped up and want spring to be here very soon! My boy LOVES playing outside with his friends, and last springtime is when he really discovered how much fun he has out in the yard. And then he just wanted to be outside all the time. :)


Like I said, I like January for being warm and cozy indoors and organizing stuff in the house and getting lots of stuff done here. But Linc does not,he is a bit stir crazy already. And we have been having issues lately with him wanting things exactly a certain way; and when he can't say or sign enough words to communicate what he wants he just throws a fit. It's been rough, but I guess it's expected. They don't call it the "teriffic two's", do they? No, obviously not.


So I am just making efforts to take him out a little more. Planning many things for us to do next week because last night I realized me and Linc hadn't been out of the house since Sunday AT ALL. We fixed that immediately, and went out some more today.


Does this post-christmas dropoff happen to you all of a sudden too? I think it's much more noticable this year, with the toddler.


Oh yeah and Melissa or anyone.... if you read this, can I consider myself tagged for that survey game you passed around a while back? Then I already will know what to write about next time on the blog!

1 comment:

M A Haddox said...

About Lincoln's hating being cooped up... You need to lock him in your coat closet for 5 mins every 2 hours. Then he'll appreciate the vastness of space inside your walls. It worked for us!