Sunday Lincoln gave a talk in Primary and he was so so so cute! He was so excited to get picked to do this. His daddy gave a sacrament meeting talk a few weeks ago and Lincoln had a hard time listening to it (even more than normally for a 3 year old in sacrament meeting) because as soon as Mike got up Lincoln started telling me,"Hey, that's Daddy. Daddy talking in church. I wanna talk in church! Me talk in church now. I talk in church..." So I told him if they ask me he can take my turn. hee hee. Maybe in the next few months I'll help him "bear his testimony" sometime. Anyway, so when he was picked for Primary he was excited, showed me the card after church and said,"I'm gonna talk about prayers!" When asked what he wants to say about prayers, he'd start saying one.
So Lincoln and I that week(I did it mostly) wrote down what he was gonna say, and in sharing time he got to sit at the front, then I whispered in his ear what to say and he repeated it into the mic. He talked loud enough to be heard and did very very well!
Linc's talk
I am learning at home to say my prayers. You say a prayer before you eat, before you go to bed, at church, or just any time you want to talk to Heavenly Father. Prayers should start with 'Dear Heavenly Father....', then I say thank you for my food and family and toys and other things. Then I ask for things like help being a good boy, to sleep good all night, and sometimes I ask for more toys. I like to say my prayers sometimes by myself, with no help from anybody. I like to say prayers! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I am so proud of my cute little boy.
My downstairs is coming back together after an extended perioud of drywalling, baseboards, painting and carpeting. This weekend I should have the office room put back as it should be, and once I have my 'blogspot' (Desk and computer and chair) back to normal I can do more to this blogspot.
(Oh yeah Joy no fair doing a giveaway when my computer is in a closet!)
Bye! Juliet
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh! That is soooo cute! What a Mother's Day it must have been for you! :)
Post a Comment