Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What Do You Do All Day?

So I found this on another blog, and I just have to put it up. Because it's awesome, and also because Linc is back to being as healthy as a horse, albeit a sometimes grouchy and demanding one. :) Having that post up for almost a week when he's back to healthy is retarded, but I've been busy.

Well....lucky for me, my sweet husband hasn't had the audacity to ask his beloved wife and mother of his child (soon to be plural, children) this impertenent question! I usually volunteer enough information that he gets a glimpse of how frantically busy I usually keep. He can also see it in my bleary eyes when he comes home. If I happen to be awake when he gets home. Here's a random picture to accurately illustrate that point.

Lincoln couldn't have been more than a week or 2 old here.... I'd fallen asleep while nursing him on the couch(again) and as you can see, it hadn't put him to sleep and he wanted MORE! See his little hands futilely groping at my shirt? And that's how Mike found us that night when he got home. This picture always reminds me of the way I hazily remember hearing him come in, laughing, and it seemed like an hour or so later(probably more like 2 minutes) a flash of the camera went off and made me groan. Mike asked,"Hey, do you want me to make him a bottle?" I muttered "Yes please...." and felt Lincoln being lifted away from me, making more room to stretch out on my couch. Ohhhh so comfy after such a long day.

Oh, and there's some typos in this I'm not gonna bother to fix.

What Do You Do All Day?

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still intheir pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappersstrewn all around the front yard.The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the houseand there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found aneven bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug waswadded against one wall.In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and thefamily room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled onthe counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on thefloor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand wasspread by the back door.He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles ofclothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or thatsomething serious had happened.He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out thebathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap andmore toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap andtoothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in thebed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today? 'She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day? ''Yes,' was his incredulous reply. She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.'


The reality behind this kind of stories is why Mike and I are most definetly gonna be maxed out at 3 or 4 kids. Wow.

No comments: