Friday, July 25, 2008

what's going on with us

Well, just normal stuff. I don't want to take Lincoln out much because it's so very hot, and he tends to throw tantrums if things are not going exactly his way. It's just not usually worth it. So I've been organizing, getting all the stuff out for the baby. Cleaning a lot. Nesting instinct. You get the idea.
But the other day I got a haircut, enough of one to donate my hair and everything! Let's see, here's the before picture...

Wow it's hard to believe it was seriously that long. Since Linc's birth 3 years ago, I've only gotten bangs cut, and I got one minor haircut when he was 18 months old due to his hair-yanking phase. So this is almost 3 years of growth here! Here's some after shots.




Oh yeah and you can see how giant The Belly is also. What a big, healthy boy I am gestating! This haircut will make me less hot, stay out of my face in the Labor&Delivery room, and takes not much work to make it look decent. I'll be sending a bag of 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love, so I also did a good deed. Awesome.

So on to the next news....American Idol auditions are coming to Salt Lake next week, and I'm totally gonna do it! Just for fun, so I can say I've done it. I think this show is a big enough deal that people will remember it in 20-30 years, or at least know what it is when it's referenced in conversations. I'll be able to tell my kids and grandkids that I tried out, and tell them about whatever happens there. (I met Ryan Seacrest and/or the judges, I got on TV, while in line I talked with the person who eventually won the whole thing. Whatever happens.) I've been planning this since I was watching those wretched audition episodes they air in January/February, andby then I knew I'd be very very pregnant when AI audition season would happen again. I also thought at 27 this is the last summer I would be eligible to audition. Well, the age is actually 28, but I'm doing it this year anyway. I decided I'd take a trip in the summer to do an AI audition, whichever audition location would be most convenient. I've been planning what to do and say and sing since then, but I'll disclose that to all of you later, I don't want to spoil it. And I told Mike I was doing it, and that we'd have to work out childcare for Linc somehow when the time came. He owes me a big favor, so he resigned himself to it months ago.

Lucky for me, I don't have to make a long road trip 8 months pregnant. This trip will be taken entirely on TRAX. :) It's gonna be really a lot of fun, and I'll take pictures and write all about it here. I am way excited about this.

And in conclusion I have a random picture of Lincoln. What a cutie he is! He's carrying something he got for his birthday here. It's a Thomas-shaped case for his metal takealong trains, and he likes to carry it around like a businessman with a briefcase.


What a great kid he is! Got him signed up for a real cute preschool too. I think he's even more excited about it then I am, if that's possible. More on that when it actually starts in September.

Oh gosh and I keep leaving Mike out of the blog updates. He's great, very sweet how he is so enthused about Baby #2 preparations. Finals for his E.E. class are next week, and he's excited to take 2 classes in the fall and graduate probably after Spring Semester with his Associates. Yay for him! And Linc's preschool is right by the SLCC campus, we planned Linc's and Mike's schedules together so Daddy will be dropping off and picking up Lincoln, giving me a bit of alone time with the baby twice a week. I think it'll be great.
Gotta go but I'll read your comments when I can. So leave some please!
bye!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Good luck at the try outs. We will be watching for you on TV come January!
Love the new hair cut. It looks great!
You look so good for being 8 months pregnant! Enjoy these next few weeks!

Afton or Brooke said...

Your hair is gorgeous!!! you look so cute with that pregnant belly. i can't wait to hear all about the AI auditions.

Jessica Haddox said...

I really like the haircut. I've never seen you with short hair in the 9 or so years that I've known you. Auditioning for AI? Ha! So THAT was your big news? You're such a goof keeping me in the dark :P

Jessica Haddox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.