Hi! I'll let you know how I'm doing first. You all left so many concerned comments last time, I don't want anyone to worry.:) KIDDING.
My backache is ok today, it actually seems to come and go this time. Unlike last pregnancy, when it was consistently there all the time. One of many reasons I thought I was having a girl, since this pregnancy has seemed so different from the beginning. But no, it's another boy, just a different pregnancy with different symptoms.
Alright now I explain the title. No, Cold turkey isn't one of my recent cravings. I hope I don't jinx this by posting on the blog about it (as has happened in the past) but things seem to be going a lot better for Lincoln. Last week we just took some advice and packed up all Lincoln's diapers and pullups, took them all away from him. He cried a little at first, but we explained he's gonna have to be a big boy and use the potty. His little brother is coming soon, he'll be using all the diapers and there will be none left for Lincoln is how we explained it.
And this part was funny, but a bit alarming as well. Lincoln sulkily pouted and crossed his arms and said,"Chase wears diapers." (Remember in my last post I put a picture of Mike's very pregnant cousin Diana? She also has barely 2 year old Chase, and him and Linc are best buddies.) So Lincoln remembered that Chase was about to become a big brother also, and remembered that Chase wears diapers, and he was arguing with me! At 3 years old! He's awful young to be such a sass-mouth, don't you think?! My mouth just dropped open in astonishment, and I said,"Well, Chase is a lot younger then you are. And..... hey, I'm in charge here! No more diapers for you. You're a big boy now." Sometimes that boy is too smart for his own good. Nothing but trouble!
Luckily, this way seems to be working well. He tells anyone who asks (or sometimes if they don't ask he'll still tell them) "Diapers are all gone!". Accidents are still happening but decreasing, he is going potty a lot more often now, and today and a little bit yesterday he will yell "I need potty!" and run in and go by himself. BEFORE he wets himself. That's a great improvement! I am really cautiously optimistic about this! This is a good way I think. When I told one of my aunts about this, she said,"That's the way to do it. At some point you just have to hide all the diapers, or I swear if I hadn't done that my kids would still have been wearing them at nights and a bit in the daytimes, until they were 12."
So that's going much better. And.... oh yeah, my son loves the movie Fantasia.The old one, not Fantasia 2000 yet. He's just starting to pay attention to it now when I play it. At first it was because he wanted to see Mickey Mouse, and he knew Mickey is in it because he's on the cover. But I've gotten him to watch some of the other pieces also. He loves the 'Rite of Spring', if I FF to the part with the dinosaurs. He loves dinosaurs lately. He loves all the babies and horses in Beethoven's Pastorale Symphony. And the Russian Dance in the Nutcracker Suite always makes me want to jump around and dance when I hear it. Lincoln is a shameless 3 year old, and he actually did follow his urges and jumped around screeching and ran in circles during that movement. Two times. It was fun to watch.
I've not taken pictures lately. Maybe next time. Bye!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Way to go introducing Linc to one of my all time favorite composers, Stravinsky! (Even if it IS just for the dinosaurs) Hyrum is just the opposite. He loves Fantasia 2000 but has never seen the original.
Cold turkey is the way to go, if you ask me. That's what worked best for us. He'll be accident free before you know it!
Post a Comment