Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lincoln and Friends

It seems many of the shows Lincoln likes are titled "______ and Freinds", like Barney and Friends, Thomas and Friends, and so on. His Uncle Chris teased him about that once, about how you can take a main character, add a small cast of friends/sidekicks, and have a hit show for kids. Such a simple premise, repeated over and over.

This may contribute to why Lincoln wants to be pretty outgoing with other kids. He very often tells me,"I need friends, Mama!" when he wants to play. Although I think think he's still little enough I should be his best freind, I know that can't and shouldn't last forever, so I try to encourage socialization.
My Linc is a pretty popular little guy! He's had some friends come over to spend time lately at the house.... and then there's always going out to the park to make new friends... or going to their houses. Here's a small sampling of pictures to represent his recent activities.



This is sweet little (she's actually a real BIG 4 month old)Ava Kristensen. She is so gorgeous! Look at all that red hair! Awww.... alright I'm excited to have another baby boy, but she's just such a great little girl. Anyways, this one I didn't really babysit so much as just keep an eye on her for a few hours while Lincoln's daddy and her daddy were together in our garage for hours, putting up a new garage door system for us. She's at the stage now where she likes those hanging toys she can bat at w/ hands and feet. Luckily, I have one from Linc's babyhood. It needed to come out of storage anyways, so we took it out and it kept her well occupied for at least half the time she was over.

Linc really liked having her over. I was worried he'd remember those are his toys, but he didn't and since then he calls that pile of infant toys "Ava's toys. Baby Ava toys." so he'll just need to be convinced soon that 'Ava told me your baby brother can use them when she's not here.' :)

Also since then he's talked a few times about how he wants baby Ava back. I think he has a little crush.... who can blame him?!

Oh and Mike's cousin has a 26-month old named Chase. His mom had some babysitting arrangements fall through, so today was the 2nd day in a row I watched him all day. Wow does that boy have a ton of energy! It feels kinda like when I hiked up to the Arches a few weeks ago. He occupies Linc and keeps him outta my hair, but it's still harder overall then just having Lincoln. If that makes sense. Wow! But isn't he a cutie as well?


And then there's cousins Myles and Mason. Lincoln talks about how he wants to go play trains with Mason A LOT. And he loves adorable 'baby Myles!' as well. Could I ever get a picture of these three active boys all together looking at a camera? Nope, that's too much to ask of this crowd. But here they are anyways, lined up on Melissa's counter for sunscreening application.

And here are some of the kids from our neighborhood. Lincoln plays for a little while daily or sometimes a few times a day with the combined household children of our next door neighbors and the house next to them as well. If they are all out and playing it's about.... 8 kids out there with Linc, ranging in age from 10 to 3. Also a family moved in across the street recently with 2 kids who've been joining the crowd. So it's quite the party.

Those are just a few of the kids I could get to stay still long enough to pose next to my fence. And Linc's using their trike, as normal.

And this post is done folks! I know I'm leaving out some very important ones Linc sees fairly often(like cousin Sterling and his beautiful sisters)but with 3 pictures of cutie Ava at the top I'd say this post is redundant enough. To sum up, Linc's pretty well loved!

No comments: