Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Arches!

Not the golden ones, although my son loves that too. No, we went over the weekend with Mike's family to Arches/Canyonlands National Parks in southeast Utah. I've never been there before, and it was really really cool! Although I keep too busy to take a lot of them, here's pictures:

Here's Canyonlands.... and my finger in the corner, dangit. Well, this is about as close as Mike ever wanted me to get to the edge of any cliffs or anything. So just to rile him up sometimes I'd sit on the edges with my feet dangling down. :)

I am married to a 'mountain of a man'. He's so protective of me right now, while I'm carrying his child in me. Still, we did go on some hikes. Yes even nearly 6-months pregnant ladies can hike. It's just like walking, but steeper.:) And I took my own pace and kept well hydrated and did just fine on 3 hikes, thankyouverymuch! So, yeah... one of Mike's sister-in-laws on this strenuous hike to the arch, was complaining a lot of how hot it was and how she just gave birth 3 months ago and on and on. Ok, so I've heard recovering from a C-section can be real hard, so I really do give her some credit for that. But she was totally complaining to any passing hiker who would listen about how she gave birth 3 months ago and is hiking, and I just blurted out to one set of them,"Yeah, well.... and I'll be giving birth in a few months too, but I'm doing all right." And this couple did a double take where they glanced at my stomach and said,"Oh my gosh, you are aren't you? And you've got your little boy here too! Goodness dear are you doing ok?It's great your husband is helping you so much here. Do you need more water? Don't go too fast." while the sister-in-law glared at me for being such a 'topper'. Oh well!!!

This is such a sweet picture. My son is such a trooper! He went on 2 of those 3 hikes with us, and one of those was actually pretty hard! And he walked pretty much the whole way on them both, didn't complain a lot,and he was just great. He loves being outside and collecting rocks in his hands and walking with his family, so he loved the hikes. What a great kid.

This was the coolest hike we went on, also the longest and hardest but at the end there is this, which is pretty much the Utah state symbol. Other people took pictures of me there I think, but this is just pulled off the net. It was awesome there! I loved it! It was so windy up there that day though. And next to this arch, to get to it you take a little walk at the end of the trail, and if you fall you will roll down this fairly steep bowl-type thing. So Mike,nice husband that he is, stayed back with our son a bit and just saw the arch and didn't go touch it. But while I walked back to the trail to start back he yelled at one of his brothers to, "Go help my wife! Hold her arm and make sure she doesn't fall!Right now please!" Aw. Chivalry by proxy. :P Love ya honey.

I guess this is the only picture I ended up taking of Linc with any family member... he loved being out with all his family. He loves his Aunt Allison, and her drink.:)

Oh and this is just a random life picture Mike took yesterday. Lincoln ate some dinner food and then fell asleep on the table. Such a silly.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

beautiful photos! that looks like so much fun!