(Oh BTW Sarah+Brad, my email address is julietchristensen@gmail.com, or the same thing at yahoo.com. So put me on your list so I'm not locked out of your site! And anyone else can send me an email if they want, too. But I really only use and check the yahoo.)
If you noticed, I just added 2 more links to the list of people on the right. Before anyone asks, I'll explain. I added ST Rachel, and Erin Herrin to the list of my fave blogs because they both have inspired me so much. Both are great mothers who are working tirelessly to make the lives of their special-needs children better.
Rachel Coleman started doing Signing Time videos after she found out her oldest daughter Leah was deaf. The videos are really popular (I know most who read this blog have seen some of them), and it's been turned into a whole foundation that has done a lot for deaf people worldwide, as well as for people with other speech delay problems. And when she had her 2nd daughter, Lucy, she was born with cerabal palsy. Lucy was unable to communicate in any way, but after a few years she began to try to imitate the signs she'd seen her family doing. She is now thriving in an inclusive elementary school classroom in her own age group! That's a pretty short way of telling a LONG story of that family that you can look up online. But it's just been one of those incredible stories of turning your trials into triumphs that will immesurably improve the lives of you, your family, and anyone else who you affect and inspire through your experiences. Their story leaves me awestruck.
Erin Herrin hasn't done videos or anything, but she and her family were in the news plenty, and on Oprah too. She also lives in Utah, close by me. She is the mother of 5 kids. That's kinda overwhelming to begin with! But she had one little girl, then a set of conjoined girl twins, then a set of (very healthy, not conjoined) boy twins. I heard of this family about 2 years ago, right before the girls had a dangerous seperation surgery which actually was successful! I linked into their blog through the news, and I visit it intermittently ever since. Erin gave a kidney to her daughter Maliyah after she'd recovered from the seperation. She deals daily with the craziness of raising all those kids, and with the 2 girls who will hopefully do better and better as they grow up but will always have 'special-needs'.
Kind of like Pres. Hinckley (yes, I'm mentioning him again) these are people who live near me but I have never met and may never meet in person, but I feel like they are my friends anyways. They have done a lot to help and inspire me just by living their lives and raising their families and sharing a bit of it with strangers.
And if you are another one of the people listed, you've also helped me and can put yourself up there with them, and many others who aren't listed. Just because you live your life and raise your kids (or someday will) and try to be a good person and help others when you can. The world needs more people like you! :)
Well, I was just gonna briefly mention them and then write up something about a movie I saw up today but..... I'll save that for another time! :)
Oh and I'm feeling fine still, and still knocking on wood that this time continues to be easier then last pregnancy! I'm continuously exhausted, but that's pretty much it. I'll say more about it when I know more, after my appt. in a couple weeks.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment