Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sometimes...

being a mommy is so much fun. Especially when my boys are just so adorable! Then sometimes, well it's just really really hard.

Dr. Brown in San Diego told us previously to wait and monitor Grant's eyes for the next 4 months, then make a decision about proceeding with surgery or not. At the appointment yesterday he changed it to 3 months, and gave us the # for the surgery coordinator so we can set a date for next month. So reluctantly, I suppose that's what December is gonna be like for us. I'm just going to try to schedule it and everything else for the next while in a way that hopefully won't completely destroy Christmas for Lincoln. It's such a great and important time to be a 3 year old, I don't want to mess it up for him. We'll do the best we can.

Do I sound positive? Wow, if I do I am a darn good actress. I can hardly recall what optimisim feels like. But I try! I'm glad it's convincing sometimes.

Oh, and we went to In'N Out again of course. Traveling went good, weather was great. And we forgot the temples are CLOSED Mondays, so we couldn't even drive in the gate and look at the San Deigo Temple. But we drove by, looked at the gorgeousness..... and I'll be spending a bunch of time in San Deigo soon enough, I'll try to make it over to a session between Tuesdays and Saturdays. I haven't even had time to go to the temple since my 1st trimester..... that might be part of the problem.

Anyways now I'm just rambling on. That's the news. Bye.

2 comments:

merideth said...

we'll be thinking of you guys and baby grant especially. you are a good mommy.

Afton or Brooke said...

i have really been thinking of you lately. Please let me know what I can do for you. I am so happy that Grant is able to get this surgery but I know how hard it must be.