
They have one of these penny things in the lobby (I dunno what to call them) and Linc learned quick the phrase,"I need more money!" I woulda been just fine with him not learning that until he's a teenager. At least he has just as much fun seeing other kids do their pennies, and also he knows the phrase,"No Lincoln."

Anyone who's had a rural/farming/small town background will find this story lame.... but whatever. My son's had a city life. So last time we were at this center, Lincoln was scared to be near this life-sized fiberglass horse model. But this time he actually liked it! Sat up there, grinned and said "Neighhh!" while I took his picture.

...then fed it a plastic carrot with some other kids! Whatever, it was cute. And it shows a lot of progress for him. I know if it was a real horse he'd still be terified. He can progress towards that now. :)

Here he is in "Elmo's World", he thought he should just live here forever.
My theory is, Linc thinks Sesame Street should remain in it's proper place. On TV screens. He liked the displays that were more like decorated areas with TV's set up. Such as a Grover dancing party area, Elmo's World, and a Ernie handwashing instruction area (that was the most interactive learning station Linc would participate in for this exhibit. So I counted the day a success just for that.) This could use some progress too. My son is quite timid and scared to try new things (he got that from me. No question.), but is slowly getting braver. I think some more zoo trips are in order to develop this. He had so much fun there.... and it's cheaper!




No comments:
Post a Comment