Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Examples for good and bad

Lincoln copies everything! He has a comment about almost everything. And it's usually something he's heard somebody else say before. He's always been such a little mimic.
I realized a few days ago something bad I had taught him! Well for a month or so he's been saying "Mama, I broke this." when he takes something apart he can't reassemble or really does break something. And the other day he was looking at a toy he'd broken a few weeks ago, and I heard him say,"Oh crack, I broke this." When he said "crack" I realized he meant "crap", a word I exclaim in frustration sometimes. I know it's not a swear word and that's why I use it, but I didn't want him to use it. Shoulda known he'd pick up on it eventually! We sat down and had a serious little talk about how both of us are going to stop saying that word. Well, I was serious.
I guess I'm a bad example sometimes! He should try to be like his daddy.

Here is Lincoln wearing his dad's shoes. He obviously couldn't move in them very fast this way, so we actually could use the camera and get non-blurry pictures!I'd be very happy if Lincoln grows up to be a lot like his Daddy. I married a good man who is a good example to his family.

And also, on Feb. 27 Mike's brother and his wife gave birth to Benjamin Aries Christensen. It's the first real nephew for both Mike and I, and Linc's first real cousin! And here is his picture.

I hope Lincoln can be a good example and a good playmate to Ben as they grow up.

2 comments:

M A Haddox said...

I think it's cute! We've decided that our family will now say "Crack!" out of frustration! :)

You are such an inspiration to us, Juliet!

Mrs.Goates said...

My friend had this happen to her but her 2 year old son had hit her breast and she said don't hit my "Boobie" (Sorry if that word offends anyone!)... Anyway the son took to that word like no other and suddenly everywhere (church, the store, ohh anywhere) the little boy had things to point to and shout - "!"