Sunday, January 25, 2009

Not trying to jinx it, but......

This WAS "as soon as possible", believe me.

I've been having some touristy fun sometimes here in San Diego. When not busy with other things, I've been with my dad's cousin Lori and her husband Steve. Lori hasn't even seen my dad for years but they grew up together and I was encouraged to get in touch with her. Boy am I glad I did, they've been like my angels here so i don't have to be totally alone. They are so nice! I've been to the temple with them, went to their ward, been at their place a few times, we went to see a movie once. Steve is a born 'n raised San Diegan so he showed me some beaches and sights yesterday, that was way fun. And they helped transport me and Grant to a body shop and car rental shop Wednesday too.

Oh yeah. Did you hear/ or see on the Twitter that I got in a car accident Tuesday? I seriously cannot believe how some people drive down here. I have on a couple of occasions left rubber on the freeways here trying to prevent being in an accident, and seen 2 really expensive cars almost run each other off the road another time. Yet i was still scared and surprised when I was just minding my own buissness Tuesday about to turn right at an intersection and got rear ended HARD. And of course the guys truck? Broken headlight, teeny bit of paint damage. My car? Totally crunched on the drivers side. He was very apologetic, and he better pay for all of it. I will find out this week if my car is totaled, i sure hope not. Well that's just been one more thing to deal with this week. So annoying. Anyways the real event going on lately, what anyone would want me to post on......... here it is.

Last time I did something like this, my post titled "Good so far", I found out very soon afterwards the graft would have to be redone. I hope I'm not jinxing this somehow, but I thought since we're not only 2 days post op, a few more days have passed this time and so I'll do a real non-twitter update. So here I am again at the coffee shop that has computers in it.

The 2nd try at a cornea graft was Wed. January 14th. It's now been 11 days since that surgery and it's still looking good. Shoot I think if I bring a flash card adapter I could share a picture or 2 of this. I will do that after tomorrow's appointment I promise promise. He's so cute, gotta share pictures of him.

I am excited, but trying not to get my hopes up too much yet, something could happen at any time to his delicate little eye that would leave him worse than he started. But it hasn't yet, I'm trying to be as careful as possible, and today it's still fine. I'm still somewhat on "one day at a time" mode, but that's actually a good thing since every day his eye hasn't rejected he's beating some real tough odds and developing his vision. And shouldn't we all think of our kids that way anyway, miracles God has given each day to us?

"Do human beings ever realize life while they live it?--every, every minute?"---- Thornton Wilder, Our Town.

You can sum it up as "cautiously happy and gaurded optimisim". Whatever balance of prayers/fasting/anything else we've managed to collectively do for Grant is working now, so lets keep it up! Stitches come out Wednesday( I know that's not one day at a time, but so what) as long as it's all still clear, and if there are no immediate complications after that I could go home with Grant next weekend maybe and have the opthamologists in Utah help us with the follow up care on the left eye.

And so that's what's going on. Breathing sighs of relief at every dr. visit. Having my mom come with Linc last week was fun! I miss them both. We went to Sea World one day, Lincoln wants to live there. I want to live at the San Diego temple. Wow is that place gorgeous! I never wanted to leave. I hope to go back as soon as possible.

I really shouldn't spend all my $$ on $5.50 an hour internet time so I'm gonna go. bye now!

No comments: