The top layer of the cornea is the most crucial part. Grant has pretty much lost all of his. Might be because of the many many eyedrops and not being gentle enough when wiping off the excess medicine. Might be because the boy does not blink often enough, sleeps with his eyes peeped just slightly open and does not roll his eyes back into his head when he sleeps. Did you know pretty much everyone sleeps that way, with their eyeballs looking way way up when they sleep? I've never even thought about it, but mostly everyone does it. Not Grant.
A combination of all those things have apparently wrecked the cornea within 4 days. At the appointment today I will find out if a 2nd transplant (scheduled for tomorrow morning) would be more successful.
You know, I've gotta leave for the dr soon and talking/thinking too much about this has the tendency to make me unable to get through the rest of the day so I'm just gonna stop right there. More details I can write about when I think I can handle it and when I can come to the medical library again to use their computers. That's it for now though.
My mom and Lincoln's trip to San Diego has been moved up by 2 days, so they will arrive this afternoon. She wanted to be with me for tomorrow's redo surgery, so rescheduled it all. I am looking forward to seeing them today. Couldn't even think about it yesterday much. Can't worry about tomorrow yet either because.... well, that's tomorrow and goes against the 'one day at a time' mentality I've had to adopt.
Ooh gotta go for real now. The elders called and are coming over again to do a blessing so bye.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Thanks so much for keeping us updated. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
I'm hoping for the best for baby Grant. It may sound odd, but between the support of your mom and the fact that you know what to do with the drops and such much better this time (not saying it was the problem, just that you've now experienced it once)....hopefully it brings promise of a better outcome.
Juliet-
I really hope things go well today. We've been thinking about you everyday. We love you guys, thanks for all the updates.
We're thinking of you Juliet... We're praying for you and baby Grant.
Post a Comment