Saturday, January 10, 2009

Going ok so far

Well we found an internet cafe to print off Mike's boarding pass, he's leaving tomorrow to go back to work and home (and unfortunately, not Lincoln.) But speaking of that, Linc's doing just fine in Vegas and maybe it might actually do both me and him some good to get time apart for a bit. I'll be alone caring for the baby from Sunday-Thursday. Then my mom has a trip planned from SLC to Vegas, she'll pick up Linc, then come the rest of the way to San Diego and stay for a few days. It will be really cool to not have to take care of Grant all alone. We'll go to church tomorrow, and maybe some members in the area can even offer me some assistance. People from the Church of Christ or something like that came last night to provide a meal to people staying at Bannister, and they offered assistance if I don't get it from, you know, people of my own religion. I think Mike and I's families are helping a lot, as much as possible, but are counting on the church to fill in and help us and Grant as a payback for YEARS of paying tithing and temple attendance and faith and all that. So hopefully some of that comes through. Already has, actually. I mentioned in the Twitter yesterday about the elders coming over? That was nice.

Well the transplant seems fine. His eyeball appearance is immediately different. Morning after the transplant we were very concerned all day yesterday because the dr took off the bandages, acted upset and swore, and called it "borderline rejection/success". Tons of eyedrops later, this mornings appt. went much better. Going back Monday.

Sorry if this post seems kinda rambly or not informative enough, but I'm trying to hurry. This place is closing any second. I'll try hard to go to the medical library computers monday and write a more detailed post of some kind. Thats the closest internet access. till then there's always twitter. lots and lots of twitters.

don't shut the power off on me, I'm leaving!!

bye.

1 comment:

merideth said...

we are thinking about you and little grant. best of luck at mondays app.