Sunday, September 7, 2008

Beginning with the most exciting news for me......

The end is in sight, there is a light at the end of this 9 month tunnel! My dr. has kindly agreed to induce labor on Monday, September 22. That's only one week before my EDD of the 29th, and although I would have liked an induction date of.... oh, this weekend instead, this is as close as he'd let me get. So if the baby hasn't decided to appear by then on his own, the 22nd is his birthday like it or not! I am very excited to have him here and hold him in our arms and look into his sweet little face.

Also.... we've told some people our name selection already, but kept it on the down low from others. In the last few months,if we've told you our definite name choice, just to inform you..... we've changed it, we're not doing that one anymore. Back to the drawing board. It's also, like Lincoln, getting used too commonly these days. At this point, I think the decision won't be made until we're at the hospital.

I totally feel like Lucy Ricardo. I saw the episode of I Love Lucy last week where she was giantly pregnant with the future little Ricky, and she spent the whole episode constantly changing her mind about the names. Without the benefit of ultrasounds, she was coming up with the names in gender sets. "It'll be named either John or Mary..... no, wait...... Edward or Madeline....." and her poor husband just had to deal with all of these quirky pregnancy behaviors Mike has also been dealing with. Poor husbands.

Well, on to the main event. Here's pictures from Thursday, Linc's first day of preschool.



After awaking Lincoln and giving him his tasty toaster waffles breakfast, we got him ready for school while Daddy was gathering his school things also. He had to be in the bathroom with Mike to 'shave', like Daddy. He's such a Daddy mimic, I shoulda foreseen the upcoming problem we had......


Lincoln spent some time stalling and wanting to stay home and play trains instead, but once Daddy said "Lincoln lets go to school" and went to the garage, Lincoln ran to the door with his bookbag and glared at me like,"Why are you taking my picture? It's time to go, Mama!"

Then we drive to SLCC, drop off Mike in the parking lot. Lincoln looks heartbrokenly at his beloved Daddy going into a building without him and screamed and cried. "I need to go to school! I need school! I need big school with Daddy!!!" is what I got to hear the whole car ride over to preschool. Apparently when we made a big deal of going to school and Daddy driving him to school to learn things, he didn't think he'd have to be separated from Dad. Here's his picture on the way over.



When we got there I sat with him outside and calmed him down, telling him how much better his school is with friends and crayons and toys. I let him know he'd have a lot more fun here. It's a good thing we were early. When he wasn't so distraught, I took a few more pictures outside while we waited.


About ten minutes before class starts, the teachers opened the doors for us. We'd been there before a couple times, but just to help him I gave Lincoln a short tour again of the bathroom, the drinking fountain, and his classroom.


And this was their first activity, sitting in a circle on a rug for music time. Since I was encouraged not to linger esp. on the first day, that's all I photographed of the actual class time.

I have to say, after Linc's fit in the car on the way over, I saw no reason to add any emotions to it. So thanks to him, I was really pretty calm in dropping him off and leaving him for 2 1/2 hours. He's just growing up so fast and I'm so proud of him! I couldn't remain entirely stoic while I waited at Village Inn for 'the boys' to be done, but Linc saw only my excitement. It's better for him that way.








And here's the first of many triumphant exits he will have from this preschool as a CLEAN AND DRY boy. Yes, there were no accidents on the 1st day, prayer really does work.

The exhausted boy fell asleep on the way home. I almost did too. That's all till next week.

No comments: