Friday, August 29, 2008

"Jiro" is sounding better and better, Mike.....

(Oh, by the way.... 'Jiro' is a name I found in the baby names book a few months ago, it's a strange one but I jokingly said how perfect it is because it means "Second son" in Japanese. Mike just shook his head and said,"If you have a Japanese looking baby, go ahead. But I don't think that'll happen.")

Anyways, just when I thought we had a cute name figured out for the baby..... grrr.

We thought we'd done so well naming Lincoln. It's not some completely freaky made up name like.... Jahirmabab or something. (Yep, just made that one up basically by rolling my fingers along the keyboard.) But we thought it was a unique cute choice for a first name.

And we take Lincoln to his preschool orientation day, and find out he's going to go by "Lincoln C." starting on his first day of school.


I AM SOOOO MAD!!!!

I was seriously considering withdrawing him just because of that, but we like the place I picked. Whatever, we'll just deal with it. Hopefully this doesn't happen every year to him at school. Poor kid.

I think Linc will love preschool though. Hope he has lots of fun and learning there. And I ran into an old HS friend of mine, who also has a 3 year old starting there. But we enrolled them for different times. :( Oh well, it was nice to see her. And by the way, her little boy Adam didn't have this name duplication problem. Yeah. ADAM.

I keep trying to tell Mike this! If you want your child to have an unique name these days, you have to pick something normal and traditional, like James or Robert or Paul. This friend of mine said her son does not know any other Adams his age, but has 3 close friends named Kayden.

He'll start Sept. 4th, I'll post about it then.

2 comments:

M A Haddox said...

Calm down.. breathe. big, deep breaths...

I highly doubt Lincoln will suffer from someone else having his name. If anything, he may think that it was really cool. Mum needs to think a little less and realize that it's not big deal, lol. Besides, there may be other lincoln's, but none quite like your Linc :)

Hope he does well in school! Myson stil loves his and is very very excited to go on Tuesday.

M A Haddox said...

Thinking about this more, you should nickname him "Link" from the Zelda game series!! Then, you can teach him to sing "dun-dun-Dun-DUNNNNN!!!" in 4 asceding notes while holding the object he obtained over his head: Report card, lunch, toys...