Saturday, August 16, 2008

Increased accountability

Well, lets see..... oh, my trip up to Canada was fun. I went with my mom, Lincoln, my moms new dog Daisy (I'll have to put up a picture of her soon. Lincoln is completely in love with her!) and of course Cletus the Fetus came along for the ride. Short trip, but fun to see Grandma and Grandpa for a few days. Also Robin and Blair, and it was Aunt Robin's birthday while we were there! Very fun, and most importantly I think Lincoln had lots of fun up there even with his mommy so exhausted and huge.

I've was kinda under the weather for a while, something (I'm not sure what) in addition to normal pregnancy symptoms, but it seems to have passed and the good news? After a couple of real yucky tests, it's confirmed I do NOT have gestational diabetes. That's pretty good to know.

And.... well, Mike's doing good. As far as we know, Baby #2 is doing good. If I don't get through the full 40 weeks I would be more than OK with that. I am so tired of being pregnant, I'm hoping to be finished at 38 or so. Just as long as we can do that healthily. I'll see what I can do.

And Linc just is adorable. He does funny stuff all the time, he's got such a funny little personality. Uh.... oh, one I just wanted to post on for now. The boy totally eats like a pregnant lady sometimes, and he learned it from me but then expounded on it. He's so strange. He likes to have pieces of bread, but he likes jelly on them. He also likes mayonnaise on them. So why choose, or have one with jelly then one with mayonnaise? No, he regularly eats bread with jelly and mayo together and throws a fit if we don't make it for him with both when he asks. He didn't learn that from me, that's too gross even for me. Weirdo. He did, however, get the very bad idea of eating crackers in bed from my 1st trimester habit. He just barely has given that up, his demands for 'milk and crackers please!' every night before falling asleep. I'm glad I don't have to wash his crumbly sheets every other day anymore.

Oh yeah and the reason I put 'Increased accountability' as the title. I guess I'll get to that now. I haven't had a lot of time to watch Olympics, but when I have it's pretty cool! Actually I think Michael Phelps needs to not be selfish and let other guys win every once in a while :) but other then that..... it seems every time there's an Olympics there is some random event I just get fascinated with, can't stop watching whatever particular one it is. Winter Olympics in SLC, I wanted to watch the moguls coverage all the time. If you don't know what that is, I don't blame you but believe me, it's cool.
This time, I was completely transfixed tonight on that women's marathon. I know, that's probably a boring one to everyone else but I liked it. The woman from Romania who won it, can you believe she's 38? And beat women half her age, by several minutes!

I am already planning on getting into shape and losing some weight, starting ASAP after I recover from delivery I'm planning on working out. And now I'm putting down here, in writing for anybody to see, (this is the increased accountability part, big time) a goal. A year after whatever my son's birthday ends up being, I'm gonna find a marathon to be in and even if I walk some of it or even most of it, I'm gonna do a marathon! I've done a 5K before, and I'll do it again this year and other stuff to work up to the marathon goal.... but I've wanted to do a marathon for a while and tonight reminded me again. So I'm gonna do it, it's like the AI audition thing. I'm not getting any younger, I could wait a few years more and do it then but why assume it'll be easier later? May as well do it while I can, so I can say I did it once.

Ahem. But no mocking me if I have to end up putting it off because of a foot injury or because it takes longer then expected to recover from delivery or anything else in life interferes. A year from September ??, 2008 (whatever the delivery day ends up as) is my goal, but it's not set in stone or anything. I'll do it as soon as I can!

Well, I have taken a couple of pictures lately I can post. Maybe tomorrow or something, just of random things Lincoln does that are silly. See ya then.

1 comment:

The Hazard Chronicles said...

I am excited to hear about your marathon! That is a great goal and I am excited to hear how it goes. I loved the AI story. That sounds like a very long day, but I am proud of you for having the courage to do it. Good job!