"And I was lead by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."
It's common enough to have a song stuck in your head, but have you ever had a scripture running through your head incessantly? That's the way it is for me lately. In one week I'll be in California having a "Health and Physical Exam" on Grant to make sure he's sturdy enough for the surgery the next day. I'm positive he's strong enough for a procedure, he was sturdy enough for his exam under anistesia recently. But that night and the rest of my time there, I don't yet know where I'm going to stay. The housing option I will be using has yet to be confirmed, and I won't know until Monday the 5th where Grant and I get to live for the next 2-3 weeks. The options are basically a room @ Ronald McDonald House or someplace similar to that, or if they are full next week then they'd make arrangements for me to stay in some kind of hotel room for the duration. Or, as I've jokingly suggested, I could pack along a dutch oven and sleeping bags to camp on the beach. That one actually sounds fun for some other time, but not in the winter and absolutely NOT with a post-operative newborn. So it'll be one of the other options. Until we know which type of place I'm staying at, I don't know what my diet for the next few weeks will be like ( kitchenette area? Fully equipped shared kitchen area? Hotel room with not even a microwave, just a vending machine down the hall? Eating out 3 meals a day out of necessity? I just don't know yet.) but hey at least Grant's eating is pretty simple at this point. :)
I packed for myself and 2 kids and left town immediately after Christmas, "not knowing beforehand", and am just trying to be guided by the Spirit for all of this. No new year resolutions, at this point I'm on "one day at a time" mode. Understandable, right?
Oh yeah, and this Sunday is Fast Sunday. If you're able and healthy and willing to do it, please skip a couple of meals and pray & fast for Grant that the surgery will go well, and for Dr. Brown that he will be guided to do an excellent job on his eye in the OR. This surgery isn't done on infants a lot, and the rates of success are rather slim. But I don't know if any of the other infant cornea transplant patients have ever been from an LDS family, so maybe we're extra entitled to a miracle. No? That's not the way it works? Drat. Well, success would be a miracle and so we're hoping for a miracle so pray with us please if you'd like. Thanks so much. bye!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment