Monday, May 26, 2008

Thomas Day (pretty much heaven on earth for Lincoln)


Thursday we went to "Day Out with Thomas" at the Heber Valley Railroad. Melissa did a post about this on the same day, but I just have been too busy and mostly too tired to put any of the pictures up until now. But of course Linc had a great time, not only because he LOVES Mason and Myles and Melissa and Jessica. And Marshall's (Melissa's husband) family came too, they are really nice also. I can't believe that with all those kids did together, I didn't get one picture of all those boys together in one picture. Oh well, trust me. They are close friends, and had a blast together.
As I predicted, he had just ridiculous amounts of fun at this event and didn't want to leave until....well, let me just post the pictures and get to that part of the story. Suffice it to say, it was one of the greatest days of Linc's life in his opinion, and his Thomas obsession I swear has increased tenfold since we went. I didn't think that was even possible, but there ya go.


Lincoln loved 'meeting' Thomas, exclaiming "Hi, Thomas!" when we saw him. Mike (who didn't go with us) actually asked if Thomas was a real steam engine, like on the show. I actually didn't notice what kind of train it was when we were there,oops. But we all loved going on a train ride behind Thomas, on coaches that actually looked somewhat like Annie and Clarabell (Thomas' passenger coaches on the show.)



And also at the event there were temporary tattoos(see engine #5 James on Linc's hand in the picture below), a petting zoo, and who could forget the toys area where kids can play with train tables and displays. Lincoln never wanted to leave that area,ever.




See, Lincoln is clapping with joy! He liked the horsies. Was a little shy about petting them without prompting and seeing Mommy do it first. But liked it very much, told me all about it when any of them would start 'eating, Mommy! Horse is eating!', told me what noise they make, and got a big excited grin when he was on the back of one of them. This picture Melissa got of him doesn't show that so well, but he really was very happy about this. And I.... have such a such a STRANGE look on my face at this moment! Oh well.


OK, so after a stop at the gift shop where Linc got a couple of little toys, we waited in line to meet (a guy dressed up as) the Real Controller of the Sodor railway, Sir Topham Hatt. Linc was unfortunately getting grouchy at this point just a bit, but the toys and some crackers kept him happy through the line. But when he caught sight of who I wanted him to meet, there ensued this HUGE screaming crying clinging to Mama fit. Here's the closest thing I got to a picture of Lincoln and Sir Topham Hatt.



What?? They're both in the frame..... hee hee.

My boy is so timid. He's exactly this way around everything he can't clearly see a real human face on, so I should have expected this really. It's been the same thing with Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc. Any Disneyland trips are clearly gonna have to wait until he gets over this irrational fear, because meeting Mickey and Donald and Goofy would just terrify him! He's so weird.
So that was Thomas day! He loved it all except the end, just as I predicted.
Bye!

1 comment:

M A Haddox said...

It probably doesn't help that most mascots/costume wearers are told not to take their tops off ever. It might be good for Linc to see someone taking the top off and showing him there's an actual homo-sapien underneath.