Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lots of pictures lately about life

I have taken a bunch of pix with my phone lately and haven't posted even the funniest ones up yet. So here's what going on with us lately, described by me and these pictures. I'm hoping one long post is more reader friendly than several short ones. I'll try to keep it in chronological order, but not in order of most to least interesting-but no skipping please!- and I'll go from most recent on down, since that is the blogger format.

We went on a trip to Puerto Vallarta Mexico to celebrate my mom turning 50! It was me and Mike and Lincoln, and my Grandma and Grandpa Milne, and my brother Chris. We left Thursday and returned Sunday. It was soooo much fun. Understand, I love the ocean and the beach almost more then anything else in the whole world so there's some bias. Here's pictures!

Lincoln sure likes riding on planes!

Linc didn't want to look at me in this one, he wanted to see that big beautiful ocean thing I kept telling him about.

He was a bit scared of being in water above his ankles without holding tight to a family member. But he did like it very much! When he got a taste of the ocean he said,"Popcorn!" because it tastes like one of his favorite salty foods.

He also gets kind of mad when his feet get dirty or his hands. Oh well.

Getting Lincoln to naptimes here at home has been such a power struggle lately, but in Mexico there was so much fun and busy things to do that he took 2 short naps every day! Goodness. I guess I just have to get him outdoors more and he'll stop fighting me on it. Oh and this time his arms were hanging out of the beach towel and his forearms got a little red. Oops!

He does not see my grandparents as often as he sees all the other people that were on the trip. So he was kind of shy around his Milne great-grandparents. But grandma was delighted when he took an afternoon snooze on her one day. Not so delighted when his diaper leaked on her. Oops again.



And.... There was parasailing there on the beach, so some of us went. First my mom went, and that 1st picture is of her just starting out. Then Chris went, but I actually didn't take any of him doing it. I was nervous about Mike going, but he wanted to try it so he did. The next 2 pictures are of him parasailing while I anxiously waited on the ground. Grandma Milne wanted to go also (LOL!) and we talked her out of it. If I wasn't pregnant, maybe I woulda talked myself into getting over the fear of heights and just going because they all had fun going. The parasailing instructor/salesman said to me,"You don't want to go? Oh, pregnant...that's ok. How far along? 5 months? That's 2 people riding for the price of one! Yeah, sure we can take you!" Despite the reassurances, I decided to just watch.

The trip was really really really awesome. So much fun!

Day before the trip, I had another 2nd trimester ultrasound performed. Since I'm just being a real paranoid mommy this pregnancy, my kind doctor gave me a referral into the hospital clinic to have a more clear ultrasound done. "Putting the mother's mind at ease as much as we can by using the technology we have available is worth a lot." he said, and short of sending us to a 4D fetal studio at the mall, this is the best he could do. Very nice of him. We could see a lot more body parts, the pictures were more clear.... here they are. But still, its just an ultrasound that is somewhat indecipherable. If you can actually tell what these are without looking at the labels on the bottom, consider yourself for a medical career of some sort. Seriously.


Funny, how my husband will let me post pictures of baby#2 totally naked. But he just caught sight of me about to post a picture of him shirtless in the pool with Lincoln and said,"WHAT...Hey! Take that down right now. That's awful. You can't put that one up." So you can all thank him for not being subjected to that. ;)

Actually, that profile ultrasound picture is the most clear of them all. We could see the little guy trying to suck his thumb! Awww.


After an opthamolagist appointment last week (that went excellently, by the way!) Mike Lincoln and I went down the hall of Primary Children's Medical Center and saw Mike's nephew Ben. It was the first time Lincoln's met him, and just a couple days before Ben was released! Lincoln was uninterested in babies that day, to a disappointing degree. He'll have some quick adjusting to do in September.

And Lincoln and I went on the new FrontRunner train one afternoon last week. He loves going downtown on the TRAX, and he thought this was great as well. Although we were both exhausted and ready to go back home by the end of the trip. It was so crowded!


As you can see, my Lincoln loves keeping at least one toy train in hand at all times. And he loves train rides, and he also loves construction cones. Don't ask why, I don't get it either.
And... me and Lincoln and Chris drove to graduation together, met the rest of the family down there in Cedar City. Congratulations to Carl for graduating with his Bachelor's Degree in Theatre! YAY!

This is really the only picture I got that day that was any good. That's Carl and his girlfriend Kendra. She seems very nice.
Just a few more pictures..... I promise. These are not of big events like the others, but I kinda like this kind of pictures best because it shows just how fun daily my job is, taking care of a silly kid like Lincoln. He's honestly so hilarious sometimes!
This is him the day he was pretending his doorway baby gate was a blanket, and he was going to sleep on the floor.

Linc climbs in my storage ottoman a couple times a day, just for the pure thrill of hiding and yelling "HI!" at his parents and then quickly ducking back into the box when we look at him.Enjoy this while it lasts, little guy. Cuz this little game is destroying the ottoman's exterior, and the whole thing will probably break one time from his ever-increasing weight. It's going to D.I. soon.


Lincoln loves the zoo, I know that. But what is cheaper(free, unless I choose to buy something and/or Linc breaks something) and even more convenient than the zoo? That's right, it's Petsmart!!!
Lincoln loves to go to Petsmart just to walk about and look at all the animals. Looking is free! But I think his birthday present this summer is going to involve a trip here to pick out a tank and some fish.


I saved the sweetest story for last. My little guy puts his toys like these ducks, or his trains, or some cars..... whatever he's playing with at the time, this is what he does. He plays and plays endlessly it seems, then lays them all on their sides on his floor, turns out the light and runs to tell me,"The trains are sleeping, Mama!". It's so cute. And this is usually the time he's ready to go to sleep as well. He won't tell me he wants naptime, he just puts his trains to sleep and I know he's ready. We walk quietly in the room, whisper to each other(this is GREAT practice for when he needs to talk quietly when little brother is sleeping), and he goes to bed without a fuss if his toys are "asleep" when he is.
I love that little boy so much! He's the sweetest.

Night night! ;)

3 comments:

merideth said...

what a great post!! love all of the stories...plus you are one funny lady.

Jessica Haddox said...

sounds like you had a great trip! What fantastic pictures! Lincoln is such a sweetie! :)

Keeping Up With the Jones said...

What a cute boy. He is going to make a great big brother.