Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sorry Gayna (my bishop's wife)

(I just sent this email out for my ward bulletin. All I have the ability for right now is copy-paste it onto my blog, hope it's enough of an update for a few more days. This is an update for my ward, anyway. bye!-Juliet)


I almost forgot to email you and I hope it isn't too late to squeeze this in for April issue. If so just put it in next month and sorry!

Hello Brookhaveners! We are the Christensen family. It's "daddy" Michael, "mama" Juliet, and the 2 boys Lincoln and Grant. Michael works over at the Verizon Wireless call center. He loves his job, we are really grateful he has one and that he loves to work so hard there. He also attends school at SLCC to (sloooowly) get a degree, and loves to spend any spare time (What????? Spare? Time? When do those two words ever go together?) playing with his sons, cooking, hanging out with his wife, or looking at cell phone information sites.

Juliet(that's me, I'm writing this) finished her bachelors degree in Music Ed a couple years ago, hung it on the wall and threw herself into full time motherhood of Lincoln and Grant. I also have scarce spare time not consumed by dr appointments and such, but I spend it watching TV (too much probably, I love it so), reading or going to see our family that lives nearby in Sandy. Mike and I went to HS together there, got married after his mission and I suppose this summer will be our 7 year anniversary. Wow we are so old. ;)

Lincoln is a silly 3 year old who loves watching his movies and playing with any wheeled toys. Cars, trains, and trucks consume all of his time. He's a very friendly little boy who loves to play and sing.

Grant is 6 months old and he is gorgeous! He was born with very cloudy eyes and traveled to San Diego with Mama to have an expert surgeon do a cornea transplant on the left eye at 4 months old. The procedure is rarely done on infants and has a small success rate, but so far with prayers and 10x a day eyedrops it is working and his visual development is the way a 2-3 month old would be. Which is just about right! Every day it still works is a daily miracle, and we are so blessed to have this little sweetheart in our home. Oh and his older brother adores him to the point of smothering him. So that's us, thanks for having us in this lovely ward and being our friends and we'll probably be here a long long while and we're so glad!

No comments: