Sunday, August 9, 2009

Darn that facebook....

I guess I've become infatuated with the ease of 'micro-blogging' on Twitter and especially on facebook lately! Anyways, I'm just gonna micro-blog here that we are going to San Diego tomorrow to have Dr. Brown do an exam (although Grant seems ok and we are keeping up the 8x daily eyedrops), then we are going to Sea World and other touristy things and coming home Wednesday. It'll be fun!

Oh and also Grant's cardiologist did an echo cardiogram Thursday and decided that although one of the holes has closed on its own (ASD) one has not (PDA) and will not without surgery so sometime in the next 3 months Grant will have that done.

With the sedated echo he had Thursday he's been under anesthesia 6 times, and that was the only one that was nonsurgical (although a tear duct probe is very minor). And there was that surgery that was done in Dr. Brown's office the day after cornea transplant attempt #2, where stitches were put into the eyelid while I held him, with just a numbing shot beforehand. That IS a real surgery, but was done that way to avoid putting him under anesthesia AGAIN.

His 1st birthday is next month and that's 6 surgeries before the 1st birthday, and his heart cath procedure will make #7, and we've been told to expect more surgeries on his eye. I am so so SO glad he seems unaware of it all and is such a cheerful little guy. It's only hard on his parents, not much on him and that is great!

I think that's enough complaining from me thankyouverymuch! Yep, I'm past my quota for today. I'll post about the trip soon. Bye!

No comments: